What causes sensations in leg while coughing after L4/5 implantation?

I am told that I have a valzalvo condition of some sort. I had recently an implant L4/5, doing well but every time I cough, sneeze or laugh I get sensations down each of my legs in the back. Any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Explaining why it happens Detailed Answer: Hi there Read your query Actually the answer to the query is a relatively simple one You know what happens basically is that the abdomen and the spine is in the same section. So whenever there is a increase in the abdominal pressure, as when you cough or when you sneeze, the pressure affects the implant. It will take some time. As the surgical parts heal, the wound becomes better, the stress becomes relatively less. The pressure on the implant compresses the nerve where the implant moves marinally. And this pressure on the nerve causes the sudden symptoms. I hope that explains you why it happens. So you just need to wait for it to heal. Best of luck Any further queries are most welcome Dr Saumya Mittal