What causes secretion of pinkish mucus coming out of esophagus while coughing after eating buscuits?

I have GERDS, but it stays under control. when I got up this am, I felt fine. I made some homemade buscuits and ate 2 of them so fast it felt as if they stuck in my esophagus. Well, I kept gagging and coughing. Suddenly, I felt and saw a pinkish frothy puke coming up and out. I took a Nexium and lay down. I was up a few minutes ago and I felt like Gerds reflux and some whitish mucous came up like I used to experience with reflux. Like it burned my esophagus. I have had an endosocopy in Oct...all ok. I have had water and ginger ale since it began early this am. what could be going oin?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing worrisome is happening to you Detailed Answer: Hi, Your clinical symptoms seem to be related to laceration of esophagus after you ate the homemade biscuits. The pinkish mucus you saw was related to laceration too. Given that, to my judgement, there is nothing to worry about. Furthermore, the tests you ran in October resulted all normsl. In a couple of days, the symptoms will be improved. I advise to take medications you are already taking and avoid : - foods that are too hot - citrus - carbonated drinks for few days. If no improvement, should consult with you GI specialist for further evaluation. All the best! Dr.Klerida