What causes scanty menstrual bleeding?

Question
i am a twenty two years girl. my m c bleeding is very little..Is it himoglobin deficiency ? if it is what will be I do ?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be due to hormonal problem. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Little bleeding during menstrual cycles is known as Hypomenorrhoea, the usual causes are hormonal like Thyroid abnormality(hypo thyroidism) or prolactin hormone problem or could be due to PCOS(poly cystic ovarian disease). You need clinical evaluation and blood investigations to rule out these problems. Also get a scan pelvis to rule out PCOS. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What causes scanty menstrual bleeding? 24 hours later
please give me vitamin medicince usable for me..

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 15 hours later
Brief Answer: B-complex combination are good Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, there are so many multivitamins available over the counter in India. I usually give Vitamin B complex combination for my patients. I also advise you to take Iron supplementation if you are anaemic and protein supplementation if you are thin. Kindly do not take any stress, as stress can make your periods irregular and worsen the condition. Additionally you can try Yoga, exercises and other stress relieving hobbies. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!