What causes sandpaper like noise in head?

I have a sandpaper like noise in my head (rub, rub, rub, then stops, then rub, rub, rub) when I move it around. It has been happening from time to time, but now its seems more frequent. I take a 60mg of Cymbalta a day, and I have neck problems. I am VERY concerned and don't now who to seek for attention.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please consult neurologist,ENT&rheumatologist... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. The sandpaper like noise in your head might be related to: - neck problems (spondyloarthrosis) - inner ear problems - brain issues I suggest to consult with: - ENT specialist to rule out inner ear problems - neurologist - rheumatologist to evaluate the severity of neck problems and get properly treated. Meanwhile, I advise to - continue taking Cymbalta - apply warm clothing to the neck - avoid quick movements of the neck Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana