What causes sand paper like rash on neck and chest?

rash on neck and chest. feels like sandpaper. had it for a week. the dryness is creeping up to back of my skull. what could it be? back of my neck is soar to the touch
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: contact allergy Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. sand paper like rash usually appears in contact allergy. I would like to see a photograph of the rash. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine and apply a mild steroid like hydrocortisone cream. This will give you immediate relief. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you