What causes rush of warmth from waist up to the arm and neck?

Mostly in the evening or when I get into bed, I will get this WARM "rush" feeling moving up my body from about my waist and up my arms to about my neck. I sit and wait a minute or so for it to go away, but sometimes it reoccurs several times. It worries me. Almost feel faint.I am 4' 11" in height and weigh 123 lbs. Thought this might help
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Are these similar to hot flashes??? Detailed Answer: Hi, I went through the details submitted here. I have also noted your medicines. To me the described rush of warmth from waist up to the arm and neck seems like hot flashes. Most women also describe the sensation spreading across to the face in severe cases. As you have a subjective symptom, I will let you decide if you agree with me. Hot flashes such as yours can occur with advancing age due to menopause related hormonal changes. Anxiety and stress can contribute to these flashes to some extent. Further the drugs especially ropinirole is also listed to cause these flashes. As the flashes seems to be troubling you, I would suggest that 1. You talk to your treating doctor. May be he can adjust the dose/timing of ropinirole. 2. He/she shall recheck your blood pressure to rule out blood pressure variations. If low blood pressures are rule out, clonidine patches may be added. 3. Hormonal supplement (either estrogen or progesterone supplement) may be added after weighing benefits. 4. Stressor and anxiety if any can be taken care by specific antianxiety drugs. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards