What causes running nose and sneezing?

I m 28 yr old F . day before test I slept with wet hair under the fan. since yest morning I m having severe running nose and sneezing. today the running nose has turned yellow in color. yest night i had taken dolo to reduce headache. pls advice wat can I do to get relief?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Saline nasal spray and antihistamines... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are not running fever, the symptoms will resolve in a few days. At this moment you can try the following: 1. Steam inhalation - 3-5 times in a day. You can add vicks or contents of Karvol plus capsule for additional benefits. 2. Saline nasal spray available as Nasoclear sprays can be used. Use it frequently to clear thick and blocked nasal secretions. 3. Oral antihistamines will dry nasal secretions. I prescribe cetrizine 10mg tablets at night to my patients for similar complaints. Though these symptoms are not very concerning, it is important to watch the progress of your complaints. Drink plenty of fluids preferably warm. Regards