What causes round brown patch with an erruption in middle on the stomach?
User rating for this question
My 34 year old son has a brown Quarter size circle ,on his stomach, with an eruption in the middle. the circle is brown. Many Drs have looked at it and no one knows what it is. he also went to the XXXXXXX Republic 1 year ago. I don't think that has anything to do with it. Can you help ?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Post a Picture. Fixed Drug Eruption. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are plenty of causes for brown colored eruptions. Please clarify my doubts. 1. Whether it is from birth or appeared recently? when? 2. Whether he have similar eruptions anywhere in the body? 3. Whether it appeared after taking any drugs? 4. Does he have any other symptoms like itching? 5. Whether it fades and come back again? If possible please post a picture of the lesion. I suspect it could be due to fixed drug eruption by drugs. Fixed drug eruptions (FDEs) characteristically recur in the same site or sites each time a particular drug is taken with each exposure however, the number of involved sites may increase. The number of drugs capable of causing fixed eruptions is large. Some common are Paracetamol, Doxycycline, Acetylsalicylic acid/aspirin etc. Avoidance of the drug causing eruption is usually advised. This is due to some sort of allergy by drugs. Please answer my questions. Post a picture of the lesion. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Glyvenol 400 mg usage
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What causes dry itchy patches on my stomach
- What causes upset stomach
- Two bumps on asshole history of treatment for hemorroid remedy
- Why ceftas 400 medicine is prescribed
- Evion 400 piles
- Males 40 year old physical
- Have bump and itching in vagina sexually active suggestions
- No periods after having partially protected sex worried
- Glyvenol 400 mg contraindications
- Tender breasts dizziness hot flashes and nausea brownish spotting pregnant
- What causes pain in the middle of the stomach
- What causes gas in stomach
- Child has red patches cough symptoms of serious problem