What causes right sided scalp pain?

My scalp on my right hand side hurts alot, i cant move my hairt too it feels as burning.pls help
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Herpes zoster Detailed Answer: Hello You might be suffering from Herpes Zoster. It is a condition affecting the nerves and usually affects the nerves of a particular part of body leading to unilateral burning sensation and pain. I would like to know, do you have only burning sensation or is there development of lesions too ? Usually Herpes zoster is associated with development of rash and pain. Let me know, so I can help you better. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes right sided scalp pain? 4 minutes later
No there are no rash so far. Its only pain and now got a headache too
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Sometimes Zoster may present only with unilateral pain. I usually prescribe capsule gabapentene and pregabaline to my patients and they get good relief with treatment. Please meet your doctor and discuss regarding these medications. Thank you