What causes right chest pain and left ear pain?

I have had two episodes of right chest pain and left ear pain. The first episode was about 4 weeks ago, and i put it down to I was catching a virus. I never got sick, but the pain subsided and eventually went away after about a week. The chest and ear pain reacurred last night. I went to the doctor today and an EKG was perfomed. All looks normal. I have opted to get a stress test a well, but I expect all will come back normal. Once the doctor saw that the EKG was normal, she seemed to lose interest in finding out what is causing this pain. The ear and chest pain seem to be linked as when one goes away the other does too. I don't know if this matters but each time the pain has happened the evening after a day trip to higher elevations.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ear &/or arthritis might be the cause... Detailed Answer: Hi, From what you are reporting and from the normal results of EKG, to my opinion, your pain is not related to any cardiac issue. Your problems might be associated to: - spondyloarthrosis (arthritis of spinal cord) - ear problems (infection or other) I'd suggest to run: - stress test EKG to totally rule out any heart disease (as you report a family history of heart attack). - X-ray of the chest and neck - consult with ENT specialist - audiometry to determine the right problem. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard