What causes redness on the penis?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
When my penis gets dull red, after urinating all day, due to incontinence, my foreskin seems not protecting the head. There is no erection, also.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get your self clinically examined. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Redness on the penis can be due to cellulitis which can be treated by antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines. The cause of incontinence and erectile dysfunction should be known. It can be due to nerve disorder. Following investigations may be helpful :- 1. MRI of Lumbosacral spine. 2. Ultrasound of KUB region. 3. Complete Blood Count ( CBC ). 4. Urine examination. You should maintain hygiene of the pelvic area. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: What causes redness on the penis? 12 hours later
I maintain hygiene. The urine has been checked. blood checked. Taking Troporol and Pacerone for heart rythm issues. Thank you for your assistance. JP
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Medicines have some side effects. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your response. One of the medicines you have mentioned contain metoprolol which can result in impotence. Other contains amidorone which can cause epididymitis. I hope this answers your query. A clinical examination will be more helpful. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Wishing you good health. Regards. Thanks.