What causes redness in eye corner with swelling and puffiness of eye lids?

Hi, the corner of my right eye has been red and inflamed (completely different shape to my left one) for a couple of months now. When i wake up its at its worst my eye lids are all puffy and seen to be full of liquid. The whites of my eye near the corner close to my noise goes all red. I can costaly feel my eye, but i cant really discibe how it doesnt burn. Its really sensitive to wind.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is because of Inflammation of the eyelid margin Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr.Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having redness of the corner of the right eye associated with swelling and puffiness of eye lids. This can be because of inflammation of the corner of the eye lid margin and the adjacent portion of the conjunctiva or white part of the eye. The common causes are angular conjunctivitis and chronic dacryocystitis. Angular conjunctivitis usually presents as chronic condition and presents with itching associated with watering, redness and puffiness of the eye lids. Chronic dacryocystitis presents with watering and discharge of the eyes along with a swelling medial to the eyes. The initial treatment for both the causes is by using antibiotic eye drops and antiinflammatory drugs. As both these conditions run a long course you require consultation with a eye doctor for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment under supervision. If you can send me a photo of the affected eye I can advice you more accurately. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you