What causes reddish lesions on testicles?

Curious about some weird dots on my testicles. I have a some random pinhead size dots on my testicles that have a dark red appearance, much like a blood. I noticed them months ago. No itching, no pain, nothing. Try are odd looking though. Any worries? What are they?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vascular skin lesions, harmless in most cases Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . From the description , it looks like you have developed angiokeratomas over the scrotum. These are basically reddish lesions filled with blood since they occur due to a vascular abnormality . To confirm the diagnosis , I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page . You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul . In case it is difficult to click a picture, you can type the diagnosis as I mentioned on Internet and in through the images of this skin condition. This will help us in confirmation of the diagnosis. Now as far as the management of this skin condition is concerned, this is basically a harmless skin condition which occurs in males . It can usually be left as such if it is not causing much problems. I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures or look up for them on Internet. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What causes reddish lesions on testicles? 1 hour later
I looked up a picture of angiokeratomas and that is exactly what it is. Is there anyway to eliminate them or any precautions I should take?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Harmless skin lesions, can be left Detailed Answer: Hi again You must have found out by now that they are basically benign or harmless skin lesions and tend to occur in some males . Since these are harmless in nature, so they can be left as such most of the times. If there are just one or two lesions,then they can be treated surgically by a dermatologist . However in case of multiple lesions, usually nothing is done. You should just try not to scratch the region since that can lead to rupture of the lesions and bleeding . No other precautions are to be observed. Dr Geetika Paul