What causes red splotchy patches on my child's stomach?

8 year old granddaughter has red splotchy areas, mainly on stomach and back but now on face. No itching, no fever, no other symptoms. No change in products. Lives in country close to a lake with woods and plays with dogs.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: acute urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. she might be suffering from acute urticaria. It is an allergic condition. Usually it presents with itch but can even present just as rash. Treatment can be with anti histamines like cetrizine syrup. Can you please upload a photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes red splotchy patches on my child's stomach? 1 hour later
Yes thank you for your response. The child is not with me to get a photo but I will clarify further. There are no hives or even raised skin or lesions at all. In fact, her face simply looks like she is running a fever.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Viral fever with rash Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for the follow up. There is a possibility that it may be a viral fever with rash. Give her an anti hiastamine syrup like cetrizine and an anti pyretic like acetaminophine syrup. She will be fine in a few days. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you