What causes red splotch in my pubic hair area?

I am a healthy 29 year old male. Today I woke up and had this red splotch in my pubic hair area. There was recently a bite that I had been squeezing and messing with that was near the area but I'm unsure if that has anything to do with it. It was completely spontaneous otherwise. I do not have sex and have not had any questionable activity otherwise. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, stop messing with it. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query I am so sorry to hear about this splotch that you had. Because you are very confident of the fact that it was caused by a bite, there is no reason to go looking deeper. Your sexual history and the nature of this lesion do not suggest a possible sexually transmitted disease. I have reviewed the image fully. There is no need to get too worried. For now, I will suggest that you simply refrain from messing with it. Each time you touch or squeeze it, there is a risk of bleeding and this is be responsible for the different color changes as blood gets into tissues. I know it is difficult but, understanding that it is part of the treatment would be very helpful. It needs no specific medical attention right now. Keep it clean, wear airy under wears and stop squeezing as much as possible and it would regress all by itself. The colour change would take more than a week or two to return to normal. This is because the bloody cells need to clean this up and it is not a very fast process. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.