What causes red rashes on neck and cheeks after a fever?

General Surgeon
hi my baby had fever 102 and motion also he today i saw some red small small marks on his bady necta nd cheeks he is not willing to eat and full crying.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mostly could be viral fever Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Majority of the times the cause of fever is viral infection. I would like to have additional information about his other symptoms 1. Is there any cough or respiratory symptoms? 2. Any excessive crying while urination? he passing normal colour stools ? Viral fever usually produce rash especially in neck and cheek area. I would suggest you to give him Syrup Paracetamol at dosage of 10mg per kilogram of body weight every dose. It will bring down the fever. 15 to 20 minutes after giving him Syrup , give him whole body tepid sponging with water at room temperature. That should bring down his temperature and make him feel better and also improve his oral intake. I would suggest you to consult your Pediatrician if you notice any of the following 1. Persistent high fever 2. Refuses to take feeds 3. Excessive crying in spite of fever subsiding 4. Too many loose stools with sign of dehydration 5. Presence of blood in loose stools. In the meantime maintain his oral nutrition hydration. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow-up: What causes red rashes on neck and cheeks after a fever? 17 hours later
after fever and loose motion he got that rashes. what food i should give him?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rash is quite common in viral fever Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Apart from breast milk if he is taking you can give him the following 1.wheat porridge 2. Dhal kichdi 3. Hot tomato or chicken soup 4. Boiled egg white 5.Tender coconut water 6. Rice water with salt added. You can give him the above. Wishing him speedy recovery Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak