What causes red pimple like sores down the thighs?

2 months ago I had groups of red pimple like sores down my thigh starting at my waste line in my inner thigh and on my font thigh down to lower thigh used cortozone and they went away but I have three areas that are red from when I had these and it doesn't itch or hurt I am woundering if its some form of scarring and o u have any idea what this might have been
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection!Anti fungal with steriod ointment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Based on the explanation and the site of lesion and its response to cortizone, the cause for the lesion may be fungal infection. For complete management of fungal infection you need to apply antifungal treatment for atleast 1-2 weeks for complete cure along with the topical steriod for fast relief or symptoms. For now you can apply ointment with combination of clotrimazole with beclomethazone for its management. Use only cotton clother, sun dried and always keep to area dry and clean. If the area is moist then you are required to wash with soap water, dry and apply the ointment. This measures will help in recovery. For the confirmation, you can consult yourdoctor once for examination once. I hope these answers have been both informative and helpful for you. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them. Wish you good health. regards
Follow-up: What causes red pimple like sores down the thighs? 24 hours later
no one has responded to me for a while I am asking if this is a possibility it could be a std like herpes my doctor I saw today said no because there is usally no scarring and u wouldn't of had it all the way down the thigh in 5 different areas she said that is rare
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 14 hours later
Brief Answer: presentation is different from STD/HERPES Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing back. Herpes is of 2 types. Simplex and zoaster. But both presents with different types of rashes as well as at different regions like around external genitalia, lips and zoaster typically involves unilateral dermatome. So your lesions are quite different from those of herpes. Since your lesions are spreading to thighs as well the lesions reduced after using steriod the most probable cause may be due to fungal infection. Usually the STD includes lymphnode enlargement in inguinal regions. Since you don't have any lymphadenopathy the chance of STD is very minimal. Hope this helps you. Wish you good health and faster recovery. Regards