What causes red patches on the buttocks?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi
I have a red patch around my ass / groin which becomes sore when i walk as it rubs off my underpants but is not itchy
I was sitting on a flight for 13 hours and its the 1st time i noticed discomfort. Maybe its due to sitting for so long or it could be an std ?
Does it look / sound like an std ?
Thanks
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Certainly not an STD. Upload another better image

Detailed Answer:
Dear. Thank you.

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

An STD commonly presents either as genital sore(s) or urethral discharge or burning micturation or as genital warts /growths etc rather than as a patch of red, sore skin. This seems like intertrigo which is inflammation of body folds as a result of sweating, maceration and rubbing against each other or tight clothing. However the image that you have uploaded is not very clear. I request you to kindly upload another clearer image of the affected area so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: What causes red patches on the buttocks? 16 hours later
Thank you Dr. im glad its not an std.

Its actually disappeared today so no need for more pics

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us.