What causes red bumps and flaky dry skin around hairline?

I had a small cut in the middle of my forehead right at my hairline. I scratched it which irritated it worse forming a scab where the cut was. The skin around it became dry and flaky. A couple of days later I had numerous red bumps and flaky, dry skin around my hairline. the bumps were not pimples rather swollen or inflamed skin. im attaching images. I have red hair so my skin looks red/freckles all over my forehead that is normal. its only the bumps close to the hairline.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection in cut with exudation,advice dressing an Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX Thanks for posting query. I studied your query and saw the pictures you sent. It seems that after cut on hair line there seems to be irritation and some soft tissue infection surrounding the cut. There seems to be some allergic reaction as well due to exudate from cut. Nothing to worry, clean the part with warm water and anti septic lotion with cotton. Apply antibiotic or triple acting cream as thin layer. Continue for 2-3 days. Take one antibiotic medicine course like Amoxicilin or Ciprofloxacilin for 3-5 days. Take Cetrizine or Benadryl tablet if itching or irritation is there. Do hair wash with branded hair wash. I hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. Ok and take care.