What causes red blotches on skin?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
i have red blotches on my legs & angles & even in the middle of my elbows. Could this be a reaction from Plavix 75 mg? It almost looks like blood to the surface.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Red blotches in your skin may be side effect of plavix because is a class of drug that inhibits platelet aggregation and thus inhibits aspects of blood clotting. The most common side effects are: increased bleeding nose bleeds headaches and bruising. Stop using Plavix and call your doctor at once because this is a serious side effect.

Follow-up: What causes red blotches on skin? 21 hours later
is it okay to work myself slowly off this medication or just stop all together at once.

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 12 hours later
Brief Answer: stop using that medication Detailed Answer: You should immediately stop using that medication and contact with your doctor . Take care of your self

Follow-up: What causes red blotches on skin? 9 hours later
My doctor did take me off, but gave me nothing to keep my blood thin, anything that I should be taking for that ?

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult with the doctor who prescribed plavix. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. You should consult with the doctor who has prescribed plavix . Once you make a detailed examination by your doctor you may need for another anticoagulant. Take care of your self