What causes red blotches on skin?
User rating for this question
i have red blotches on my legs & angles & even in the middle of my elbows. Could this be a reaction from Plavix 75 mg? It almost looks like blood to the surface.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Red blotches in your skin may be side effect of plavix because is a class of drug that inhibits platelet aggregation and thus inhibits aspects of blood clotting. The most common side effects are: increased bleeding nose bleeds headaches and bruising. Stop using Plavix and call your doctor at once because this is a serious side effect.
Follow-up: What causes red blotches on skin? 21 hours later
is it okay to work myself slowly off this medication or just stop all together at once.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 12 hours later
Brief Answer: stop using that medication Detailed Answer: You should immediately stop using that medication and contact with your doctor . Take care of your self
Follow-up: What causes red blotches on skin? 9 hours later
My doctor did take me off, but gave me nothing to keep my blood thin, anything that I should be taking for that ?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 23 hours later
People also viewed
- What do you recommend for bad scalp eczema
- Bloody stool gram stain
- Eye strain bloody nose
- Who can get dermatitis venenata
- Black lines on both sides of my nose
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- What causes red blotches on skin
- What is causing red blotches on chest
- How to clear rash caused due to an wound
- Bloody mucus from vagina light red
- Diseases that cause red blotches on skin
- Bloody mucous from nose and leukemia
- Noticed red blotch on breast what could be the cause
- Bruises all over my body for the last 2 weeks
- Red bloody wart on leg