What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms?

I am taking a number of pills and have not had any side affect. However, in the last two days i have broken out with red plisters on my lags and arms and they are very itches.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: ? Papular urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. From your history, I understand that you have been on some medications for the last 3 years and have not introduced any new medications in the recent past. Itchy blisters on extremities of an acute onset could occur due to conditions like papular urticaria, insect bite reaction, contact dermatitis and phototoxic reactions. Could you answer a few questions so that we can approach your problem better? 1. Have you undertaken any activities in the last 2 days like camping/ trekking/ gardening, etc? 2. Have you used any new creams on your extremities? 3. Could you list the drugs you are taking and also the medical problems that you are having? Please upload a clear clinical photograph so I can assess better ( You have the option of uploading clinical pictures). Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko