What causes recurring twists of ankle?

hi doctor, am 66 years. left hip arthoplasty in 2007 post bicycle accident. surgeon said, in XXXXXXX 2011, that affected leg has 5% less muscle mass. i can bicycle 2-3 hours/day or do the same hiking, for 1-2 weeks. then one 'bad' step involving twist or over pronation[?] and i get 2-3 days of pain with limping. resolves with bedrest. occuring more frequently. moved faraway from original surgeon. does frequent limping requiring bedrest sound normal? last x-ray was 2011
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer: Nothing abnormal Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. Recurring twists of your ankle may be due to your overdoing of exercises and walking on uneven surfaces. I don't find anything abnormal in this. My advice to you is to be more careful while going for hiking and not over do your exercises.Be careful when putting your steps. I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks