What causes recurring lump on neck accompanied by mild headaches?
User rating for this question
I sometimes have a lump on the right side of my neck, bout where my hair line is. The lump comes and goes, usually accompanying the lump is a slight headache. And when I press the lump the headache usually dissipates. Is this just a neck ache or something more serious.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lump may be realted to vessels;meet surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for lump on the right side of your neck. After reading the query with complete diligence I can make out three possibilities: 1. Lump is related to deeper structure below skin, most probably to the neck vessel. There are certain points in favor of a lump related to the neck vessel: -Off and on appearance of the lump (may be due to filling and emptying of the vessel wall) - Most important point is associated headache with appearance and disappearance of lump. 2. An infected lymph node: During inflammation there can be appearance of lymph node along with associated headache. 3. In acute stress phase sometimes we perceive the normal structure at or around neck as lump and associated headache can be present due to acute anxious state. Any of lump related to skin structure do not generally have a tendency to come off and on. I suggest you to meet a surgeon on immediate basis for the diagnosis of exact cause. In between do not try to press or pinch the area. Hope these informations will help you. Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)
People also viewed
- Is flushed or dry skin a side effect of zeasorb-af?
- What causes recurring lump on neck accompanied by mild headaches
- Is flushed, dry skin a side effect of benicar hct?
- Iv contrast for ct scan
- Is flushed, dry skin a side effect of pantoprazole?
- What causes mild headaches
- Mild headache cause few days
- Converting fentanyl patch to oxycontin
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of valtrex?
- Is redness of the skin a side effect of acitretin?
- How to control ibs diarrhea
- Mild headaches causes
- Complex migraine symptoms and treatment
- Side effects of pills contraceptives
- What causes dizziness with mild headache