What causes recurring chronic bronchitis?
User rating for this question
hi i have chronic bronchitis and i keep getting it have it at the moment been on anitbiotics and puffers and everything its getting me down as i get it every three months and as i work im trying everything to get over this what can you suggest i work in the meat industry
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow-up Detailed Answer: Thanks for sending your question. A couple of important questions: Are you a smoker or due to previously smoked cigarettes?If so for how long and winded you discontinue smoking. Chronic bronchitis can be caused by multiple intervening factors. It is important that you have a close relationship with a pulmonary specialist. This type of Dr. can focus on providing you with prescriptions of medications which will help to diminish secretions and diminished deep bothersome symptoms of chronic bronchitis including persistent cough which very often disturbs quality of life and quality of sleep. Also it might be important for you to visit with an immunologist. This type of Dr. might be able to find what in the environment may be contributing to your symptoms. This may be a simple as exposure to a small animal or dust or something else in the environment. Inhalers are generally helpful for this type of thing. Also changes in diet might contribute to improvement of your symptoms. This might include diminishing intake of lactose-containing products including milk or other possible dietary changes. Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns as we continue to work on optimizing her general health. Dr. G
People also viewed
- Does chronic bronchitis cause nosebleeds
- Rx for sore and swollen elbow
- What is chronic bronchitis symptoms
- Is increased thirst a side effect of zoladex implant?
- Squish sound in elbow
- Cpap cause chronic bronchitis
- Is unpleasant breath odor a side effect of irinotecan?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of paclitaxel?
- Chronic bronchitis causes
- Pain in elbow nausea
- Is irregular heartbeat a side effect of exemestane?
- Patchy skin on my elbow
- Is decreased urine output a side effect of aromasin?
- What causes recurring chronic bronchitis
- Popped vein right elbow