What causes recurrent periods inspite of taking cylokapron?

ive had the rod implementation in for a month then when i got my first period it went for a week so the doctor put me on tablets called cylokapron that stopped the bleeding but on Saturday it started agian and its heavy im really worried
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Irregular bleeding is common when on implant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. I can understand your concerns. I presume you are on Implanon implant, then your bleeding episode is one of the side-effect of Hormonal implant. This implant contains Etonogestrel as progesterone hormone. Hope you have not missed any of your previous periods and your doctor might have clinically examined you before putting you on implant. Because this is mainly to exclude you from pregnancy before putting you on implant. And your doctor has rightly given you tranexamic acid (cylokapron) tablet for control of bleeding. I totally agree with your doctor in prescribing this medicine. This irregular bleeding pattern might be there for few cycles, which might become alright by itself. What I suggest you is combination drug (tranexamic acid + mefenamic acid) for control of bleeding. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!