What causes recurrent cold when suffering from Congenital heart disease?

Hi,My 2 yrs son frequently suffering with cold and nosy since 1 year,he has whole in heart also,please suggest why it is coming freequently is because of whole or anything else
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern Relax,there is nothing to worry. Recurrent respiratory infections upto 6 to 8 are common in young children . Congenital heart disease precipitates infections but it depends on type of heart disease as well. Be in regular follow up with your pediatrician. Give him nutritious diet rich in proteins,minerals and vitamins as this will help in boosting immunity. Give plenty of fluids. Warm fluids will be soothing Give steam inhalation. In case symptoms persist get him examined by doctor as physical examination will be needed for further management. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless...