What causes recurrence of vertigo

Hello my name is XXXXXXX I have had vertigo issues since Christmas. My doctor and eye doctor says it's not a problem and let it pass. I was given some anti biotic and it helped but once I finished it my vertigo seemed to come back. Am I ok? Is it just a virus?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may take long time in some to resolve Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Welcome to XXXXXXX An important cause of vertigo is persistent infection in the ear/labrynth (peripheral). Even though the infection has cleared, you may have those symptoms for few weeks. Till the symptoms resolve, you may have to take antihistamines for symptom control. It may take long time in some to resolve. When symptoms are severe, associated with headache and vomiting, you need a neurologist consultation to rule out more serious diseases like brain stem causes (central). Right now, as you have no other red flag signs, there is nothing to worry. Hope that answers your query, please feel free to write back if you have doubts. Wishing you speedy recovery. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes recurrence of vertigo 12 minutes later
I don't have any vomiting or anything like that thank god. I started taking antivert my doctor gave me. I just was making sure that having these issues over a month is ok. I just finished my meds this week so I waited until recently to go to the doctor which I should have gone earlier. I guess this time frame is normal? thank you
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to panic Detailed Answer: Hi,vertigo commonly remain for many weeks before one becomes normal. so no need to panic. You can continue taking the medicine as long as you want it. all the best.
Follow-up: What causes recurrence of vertigo 20 hours later
Hi doctor I had one more question about my vertigo. until I'm totally back to normal is it unusual to have slight eye movements? not a lot just if I stare at something I can barely see it. plus does doing things in the dark harder? like driving or taking a walk at night? thanks again
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes. Detailed Answer: Hi yes , Visual symptoms last for some time and they are common accompanies. They will clear when vertigo clears. All the best.