What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears?

I have been suffering from accute severe pain and ? ( drainage), white crusty coming from no HOLE just my falls of and comes again,. This is at the tip of my ear for more than 6 months. First I was referred to a dermatologist who then referred me to an ENT and he cut and removed was benign.....and told me it was from Pressure//// so I changed the way I sleep so as not to touch the ear.... This started at the tip top and now is covering almost the entire front of the fold to the opening height... The pain is unbearable when touched even softly... Nothing seems to be changing or making it go away... please help
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pre Auricular Sinus. Complete Surgical Removal. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I suspect you are suffering for Infected Preauricular sinuses. You might had this sinus from birth itself and only recently you become aware of the sinus after the infection. Once this sinus get infected, these will recur often and some times pus drainage becomes constant. Thus you have the constant white crusty drainage from the sinus. If you would not remove the tract surgically, then you will get frequent infection in future. I think your doctor had removed the sinus but it is not completely removed and you may have remnant tract of sinus . From that remnant tract you have again developed a sinus. That is why you are getting frequent and constant white discharge. Now you need proper broad spectrum antibiotics and surgery for removal of sinus tract. If your ENT physician found to be not helpful, then consult a Plastic surgeon and remove the sinus. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears? 21 hours later
I need to know if you understood that this area that I am referring to is the very top of my ear on the fold? when I read your answer the word to me sinus refers to the nasal area?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Sinus means just a Sac or Cavity anywhere. Detailed Answer: Hello, You are partially right. But Sinus is a general term to refer any "cavity" or "sac". You have Preauricular sinus . It is a defect developed when you are in womb.Thus i mentioned it as from birth. What you are mentioning is about nasal sinuses. These are sinuses that locate around our nose and drains their secretion into nose. They are the cavity our facial bones. These are also sinus but it is normal. Usually we do not have sac or cavity in and around the ear opening into exterior. As a birth defect, you are having these Preauricular sinus. It may open anywhere in and around the ear. Please consult a Plastic surgeon and plan for complete removal of the sinus . Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.