What causes rashes on face and scalp?
User rating for this question
Been to numerous dermatologists... "Rash" around mouth-but not on lips- and on chin that has a foul odor if I don't wash it daily. Also appears to the side of the nose on cheeks and on upper/inner area of eye sockets and in brows. After washing, the area(s) are bright red. Appear dry and flaky pre-wash. Was told it is psoriasis and given halobetasol propionate after last visit. This is effective, but only for a day or two. Now, it seems to have moved to my scalp. It does not itch but comes off in large "scales," on the face there is a slight itch...PLEASE, it is starting to affect me professionally...
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: seborrheic dermatitis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Probably you are suffering from a condition called as seborrheic dermatitis. It happens due to over activity of sebaceous glands. Area around nose and moth as well as scalp has lot of sebaceous glands and hence this part is affected. For my patients of seborrheic dermatitis, I usually prescribed ketoconazole shampoo for scalp and adapalene gel for face. You might get relief with this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes rashes on face and scalp? 27 minutes later
I have tried this shampoo without success...
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Follow-up: What causes rashes on face and scalp? 4 hours later
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome.
People also viewed
- Health anxiety over abdominal and back pain
- What causes skin rash on peniswristunder eyes and scalp
- Abdominal aortic anuresm quize
- What causes infectious rash on scalp and body
- Right arm pain and abdominal
- What causes rashes on facenoseeyesearseyebrows coming from scalp
- Life expectancy of melanoma in the abdominal
- Abdominal pain when aroused
- What causes rashes on face and scalp
- Lichen planus and abdominal pain
- Zits on lower abdomin
- Cysts under the skin in abdominal area
- Possible causes of scalp rash
- Abdominal pain radiating to left arm
- Abdominal lump upper right quadrant