What causes rashes on body after Shingle shot?

Jun 2015

I had a shot given to me at our local CVS on 12/23/13. Just two evenings ago I broke out all over with an itchy rash. Could this rash be a light case of chickenpox? Thank you very much. i I FORGOT TO MENTION IT WAS A SHINGLE SHOT. I APPOLOGIZE.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be possible, kindy attach a picture of rash Detailed Answer: Hello Perrine, Thanks for your query. A few percentage of people who take Shingle vaccination may get chicken pox blisters around the vaccination site, but they are harmless and eventually go away on its own without any active management. However, severity increases if the person is immunocompromised (decreased immune status of the body) such as: 1. Old age (>80 years) 2. Suffering from chronic systemic illness like Diabetes, etc. 3. Individuals taking high dose of steroids. 4. Cancer chemotherapy If possible kindly attach a picture of the rash. It will be helpful for us to make a better diagnosis. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Symptomatic relief from itching can be obtained with application of Calamine lotion over the rashes. Wishing you a good health. Take care.