What causes rashes in mouth and larynx ?

I have my lips swollen and rashes inside the mouth and larynx , some itching on my left palm with a rash and just noticed there is a cut in my foreskin of penis with white liquid showing up. No sex for last two weeks. I was taking Norfloxacin TZ for my stomach trouble. After taking the first tablet in the night i found inside of my mouth swollen and in pain during the night. I stopped taking the medicine yesterday on advise of my doctor friend. Till then I had taken 5 of these tablets in three days. He has advised me to take LevoCitrazine and B complex tablets. I have taken two yesterday - morning and evening and one tonight. What is advise going forward.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drug rash Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed an allergic reaction due to the tablet. Firstly, it is very important that you should not take this drug ever again. Now although you stopped the drug one day back, still you should take the anti allergy medicine which is levocetrizine for three days atleast. This is so because a drug once taken, takes sometime to be completely excreted from the body and hence, you should take the anti allergy drug for sometime still. Now the second problem is the problem over the penile region that you have mentioned. This does not seems to be part of the allergic process. Such a cut in the foreskin can occur either due to some type or trauma or it can occur in fungal infection of the foreskin which is Candida infection. If there is a history of trauma, then you need to apply a topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin over the area twice a day. If there was on preceding trauma, then apply an antifungal cream like canestan over the cut twice a day after cleaning the area. Hope it answers your query Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul