What causes rashes after shaving?

when i shave i get like a rash i triy to be careful but i still get like a rash it is worse on my chin
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to rash when shaving... Detailed Answer: Hi, The rash you get when shaving could be related to : - allergic reaction : most probably due to the shaving cream/foam you use or the material of the shaving blades - infection of the skin, especially if you do not apply good hygienic measures. I'd suggest to: - use the blades only once - deep the blade into hot water before shaving - first shave the chin and then, other parts of the body. I'd advise to use different blades for different parts. - If using shaving machine (electric or other); I'd suggest to deep the blades inside hot water or keep it cleaned and disinfected well. - rinse the shaved area with water thoroughly and dry it well using a soft towel - please watch if the after shave lotion/cream you use could aggravate rash and change to hypoallergic one. Hope it helped! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Alba