What causes rash and swelling on the foot when on antibiotics?

I have been on predisone and anti-botic for my lung issue. Also just started albuterol nepbulizer. Woke up this morning with swollen feet and ankle with a red speckled rash on top of feet? Is this from drugs noted above?? Thank you,
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possibility due to drugs is minimal.NSAID betadine Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. The rash and swelling on the foot you are referring cannot be due to nebulization or due to predisone. The chance due to antibiotic is there but usually if there is any reaction for medications then whole body will be involved. So since you have lesion only on foot the chance due to medicine is very less. The rash with swelling may be due to any injury or even insect bite. You can continue the above drugs with anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and topical antiseptics like betadin. This will help in minimising the reaction and also help in faster healing. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards