What causes rapid heartbeat through both ears while on xanax and ambien?

heart beating quickly through both ears. i took 3 xanax instead of three baby asprin and took 1 ambien about 3 hours ago. and yes i forgot to take my high blood pressure meds this am. will i be okay?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take medicines and ecg Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to our site. I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query Xanax and Aspirin are two different medicines.One cannot replace the other. Right now the combination you have taken is basically antianxiety medicines with sedative action. You should take your aspirin as well as bp medicines. I would also like to know what bp medicines you are on, cause if it is a betablocker, then that alone will help control your palpitations I will also suggest that you get an electrocardiogram as soon as possible. a more detailed medical and treatment history is appreciable. I hope this helps you. Inform the reports mentioned above so i can be of help further. Best of luck. I have given you the answer to the maximum considering the information provided. The results of the tests could further enhance my answer to you. Please do understand that some details could be extracted from a detailed history and examination. Looking forward to your return query with the details asked so that I can help you further. (If the answer has helped you, please indicate this)