What causes raised lesions with redness on abdomen

My nephewXXXX is 1 yr 5 months old kid, has several skin patches on entire body from last 7-8 months, which causes itching and also some puss kind of liquid comes out. Consulted with local doctors and seems they are not able to find out root cause. Currently he is on Hicope Syrup 1.5 ml 3 times, Fusiwal M cream 2 times every day and Wormectol syrup. Need your advise on this, i have attached few photos as well of him.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and can understand your concern for your nephew Yug. Thanks for attaching the pics. From the pics, I can see multiple raised lesions with redness on abdomen. On hand, i am able to appreciate only red colored rash. With this information considering the age and as evident from the pics, the following possibilities are there: 1) molluscum contagiosum : it is characterised by multiple white colored lesions with central indentation to start with. Later the lesions and surrounding area may turn red as a result of inflammation. On squeezing, cheesy white material comes out. 2) Atopic dermatitis: characterised by dry skin with recurrent red colored rash. There can be overlying secondary infection leading to formation of discharging lesions. Kindly tell me how the lesions started? Is there history of recurrent cough and cold in child? Is there any history of asthma in family? Kindly reply to my questions and if possible kindly send a close up pic of the raised lesions so that i can have a better view of the lesions. If you have any further query, you may ask me. Good luck.