What causes raised embers in peripheral vision?

ENT Specialist
I just started coughing pretty bad and when I got done a few seconds later I could see what looked like embers floating in my peripheral vision. They went away after about 10 seconds. Should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to worry! Detailed Answer: Hello! Dont have to worry buddy, sometimes due to raised intra-occular pressure ( eye pressure) these embers may be seen. this pressure may raise in forceful coughing! Dont worry, as this will settle down in a few minutes to an hour! If you have blurring of vision, or reduced clarity , or increased sensitivity to light, then you should consult your ophthalmologist immediately! Please meet the doctor to find out the cause of your cough and medications to control it. Thanks
Follow-up: What causes raised embers in peripheral vision? 17 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Bakshi. I have just never had this happen before and I tend to over think things.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using this service. regards,