What causes raise in heart rate while exercising?

i have had some sudden increases in heart rate during mild/moderate exercise. going from 112 bpm to 130bpm almost right away. goes back to normal after a minute or so and i quit the exercising. i am 72, 6'2" and 190lbs. this happened when i was 15 minutes into the exercise
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look normal to me. Detailed Answer: Hello, This raise in heart rate on exercise returning back to normal without symptoms looks pretty normal to me.Only minor worry is reaching upto 130 beats. I would generally recommend a primary cardiac evaluation with EKG and 2Decho in cases like yours.And if at all needed stress test. So please consider seeing you cardiologist. Regards.