What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs?

I have lower back pain with pain radiating around to the front of my thigh and now all the way down my leg with some tingling. I am taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and coedine and none of its really helping. Can not stand for more than a few minutes before it being painful only relief is sitting or lying with knees bent and a pillow between.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer: This is due to nerve compression Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Radiating pain and tingling are suggestive of neuronal symptoms and due to the compression(in the lower spine). I suggest you to get an X ray and CT of the lumbo-sacral spine and meet a neurologist so that it can be managed accordingly depending on the findings. This will also help to rule out the degenerative changes in the spine. I would advise to use a lumbo sacral belt for the support of the lower back along with the analgesics for adequate pain relief. Avoid sitting on the floor and lifting heavy weights. Hope this helps. Thanks.