What causes racing heart beat, burping and dizziness when ECG is normal?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi doctor I am suffering from hypertension for last few years and under medication. 3 months ago I suddenly had racing heart beat confusion and heavy burbing. I went to emergency room and doctors took ecg and found that I am normal. I was adviced to take pan40. I had to go to emergency room after few days because of same problem. Doctors took ecg and said I dont have any issues. After these episodes I always think about health and feel very anxious. I get slight diszziness and heavy burbing through out the day. I feel better after few burbs. I went to psychiatrist and after review he said I am having panic attacks. Burbing and diziness annoys me and would like to know what is the cause of this issues. I took full body checkup last year which had ecg echo renel dopler and blood tests. All came normal. Do I need to check heart again? I am also diabetic.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get stress ECG and 2 D Echocardiography Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day If the following tests are normal you need not worry about Hypertension and it's related problem as cause of your symptom 1. Electrocardiogram 2. Stress ECG OR TREADMILL TEST 3 2 D ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY If the results of above tests are normal it's unlikely to be hypertension or associated problem. Burping could be due gastroesophageal reflux and if the acid reflux occurs into the larynx sometimes it could cause the symptoms as experienced by you. I would suggest you the following 1. Avoid carbonated beverages 2. Avoid sleeping immediately after consuming food or meals. 3 . Avoid spicy and oily food As you have already been thoroughly evaluated by your Physician, I do not see cause of concern in your case. Do discuss these issues with your Physician and get stress ECG and 2 D Echocardiography if not already done. I definitely hope things should be fine for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: What causes racing heart beat, burping and dizziness when ECG is normal? 38 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your reply. I had taken tmt 3 yrs ago and it came out normal. Last year I took only 2d echo and ecg. Should I go for for complete test year

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggest you to repeat all the tests Detailed Answer: Namasthe Greetings Repeat the tests once again. It's likely that the results will be normal. It will be very much reassuring to you. And there will be no reason for much worry. Wishing You a Happy And healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon