What causes pus filled spots on hair and red flaky marks all over body and scalp?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For just under a year I have been getting pus filled spots on hairs and pin prick red marks all over body and spots on scalp which is constantly flaky. I also have a constant red sore throat an tonsils. Also feel a little itchy on skin.Could this all be related and any idea whats causing it?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be an immune based disorder. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pin prick red marks all over the body with frequent infections in the hair follicles can be related to an immune based disorder like vasculitis or lupus. Taking medicines like steroids or other immunosuppressants can also cause such symptoms. Since the problem is recurrent, it needs a medical attention and you need consult to consult your dermatologist for the preliminary investigations to find out the cause. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: What causes pus filled spots on hair and red flaky marks all over body and scalp? 20 hours later
What tests do u think I should recommend to my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Complete blood counts and other tests. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You can ask for complete blood counts, ESR, ANA, anti DNA, anti phospholipid antibody, etc. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards