What causes pulsing in testicals?

Question
i have been having a pulsing in my left testical for like 6 days now, i dont have any pain or swelling, it seems like the only times i feel the pulsing is when i sit down, what could that be
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be varicocele. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Naturally there is cluster of veins at the top of each testis to help keep temperature of gland lower needed for sperm formation. When such veins get dilated which is quiet common, one get varicocele and one can feel pulsations. Investigation of choice is ultrasound with Doppler study. Minor cases might not need treatment as such.Few patients need minor surgical procedures to correct this. I would recommend a visit to doctor and get investigations done , so that further course can be planned. Hope this answers your query.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: What causes pulsing in testicals? 6 minutes later
IS THIS SOMTHING THAT MIGHT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN IN A COUPLE DAYS OR IS THIS TYPE OF THING USALLY NEEDS TREATMENT, ITS BEEN HAPPING FOR LIKE 5 DAYS, IT ONLY LASTS MAYBE 3 TO 5 SECONDS WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN AND IT PROBLY HAPPENS 5 TO 6 TIMES A DAY USALLY AT NIGHT AND WHEN I AM SITTING DOWN

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: This not an emergency so you can wait. Detailed Answer: Hello, This is not an emergency , so you can surely wait for few days to see if symptoms resolve. If they continue then get investigations done, with such minor symptoms you will not need any treatment.But these investigations will act as baseline for future, if symptoms progress. Regards

Follow-up: What causes pulsing in testicals? 1 hour later
COULD IT BE ANXIETY.. I DO GET A PULSING IN MY LEGS OFTEN, AND OTHER PLACES AND I THINK THATS ANXIETY... I DONT HAVE BAD ANXIETY BUT I WOULD SAY I LIVE WITH MILD ANXIETY

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be anxiety related Detailed Answer: Its rare to get anxiety related pulsations in testis. So its unlikely to be associated with anxiety. Regards.