What causes pulling sensation in chin and cheek?.

Nov 2013

I have been getting a twinge, pulling sensation in my left chin and now into my cheek. Does not last long when it happens but occurring more frequently
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious underlying brain disease. If it is only an abnormal sensation, then, it is likely to be due to a form of trigeminal neuralgia. However, if you notice an abnormal movement over face, then, it could be a type of hemifacial spasm. If they are troubling you, then, medications such as carbamazepine may be useful. Further evaluation by ding an MRI of brain may be required. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: