What causes pulling sensation in chin and cheek?

I have been getting a twinge, pulling sensation in my chin and now into my cheek.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be nerve damage. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. Please can you elaborate upon the history given like since when do you have this pulling sensation in your cheek?if so please mention? Do you find any associated redness,pain etc? Any gum problem?when did you see your dentist last? Awaiting your response. Thanks. Take care
Follow-up: What causes pulling sensation in chin and cheek? 24 minutes later
It has been happening for about 4- 6 weeks.No other pain, no redness. Last saw my dentist about a year ago.No gum problems that I know of. Thought I might be having a stroke.
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Calcium supplements can be taken Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for reply. It is nice to know that there is no redness,pain or swelling.Therefore there appears to be no infection or inflammation. Therefore in my view you need not worry much regarding this.Sometimes such symptoms do occurs due to calcium deficiency too.Therefore please take calcium supplements for a month and see the results. By then, the symptoms should get resolved if not then you can think of visiting a neurologist regarding this. Hope it helps. Thanks. Take care.