What causes puffiness around nipples of a child?

My son just turned 13 and I just noticed puffiness around one of his nipples. I am scared to death. Please help.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax unilateral gynaecomastia is sometimes seen in bays at onset of puberty and is due to hormonal changes. It is selflimiting and sbsides of its own in few months. In case it increases rapidly or associated with pain then get him examined by doctor for further management Hope I have answered your query,let me know if there is any other question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...