What causes pseudomonas aeruginosa growth in lungs?

Hello, I was diagnosed with a heavy growth of pseudomona aeruginosa in my lungs. I have had antibiotic therapy and am now using a nebulizer to cure me. I would like to know this bacteria n my lungs is considered a disease, can I be cured of it? If I cannot be cured, does that mean I will die from it in the near future? (I also have Allergic Broncho Pulmonary Aspergillosis and asthema. & I take 5mg of prednisone per day and use inhalers) My Pulmonary Doctor told me he was "Sorry" that I was diagnosed with P.A. ...
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello thank you for submitting your question. Pseudomonas aeruginosa can be a common respiratory infection in individuals with your medical conditions. Elimination of any bacterial infection is very dependent upon a healthy, functioning immune system, which in turn is affected by overall health. Prednisone is known to decrease the functioning of the immune system. Asthma is also a condition that alters an immune activity. In addition you are also dealing with another infection on top of the Pseudomonas. All of these conditions make it very difficult to accurately predict when the body will be rid of the infection. It is very important for you to follow closely with your pulmonologist to treat your infection and manage your asthma. Again, thank you for submitting your question. Take care, Dr. G