What causes prolonged cold and wet cough?

I have cold and wet cough for more than 1 month. No temparature or body pain. Was taking some homeopathy medicine but the cough is still. Not much sneezing but lot of wet cough. Can I take Wikoryl + Roxid M + Vizylac. If yes, please advise dosage.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a physician.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Prolonged cough especially wet cough (with sputum) is concerning. Though 1 month cough can settle down and you have no history of fever, it would be appropriate to get chest X-rays and blood tests to exclude respiratory infections. Roxid M which is an antibiotic should be started after planning these tests. In the meanwhile you can use expectorants such as benadryl and steam inhalation for symptom relief. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards