What causes pressure sensation on the chest?
User rating for this question
Hello! I noticed for the last week or so that every time I lay down to go to sleep, I have a pressure sensation on my chest that goes across my ribs from one side to the other. Right now, I am sitting at my desk and I have the same sensation. I don't suffer from high blood pressure. My blood pressue is 120/60.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: can be musculoskeletal or acidity Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pressure sensation on the chest can be musculoskeletal or acidity related issue. As you feel that the sensation varies with posture, it is likely to be gastric pain or musculoskeletal. Does slight pressure over chest increase the sensation? (??tender), if yes, it is muscular or rib pain. you need mild pain drugs. If there is no such tenderness, it is likely to be gastritis related pain due to increased acidity, you may need some antacids like omeprazole. Hope I am clear. All the best.
People also viewed
- Unani treatment for hydrocele
- What may cause sensation in chest
- Side effects of taking combiflam suspension syrup
- Strange things in sinus cavity
- Top of my foot hurts a little swollen
- What causes bouts of chest pressure
- Throbbing pain in lower left region spreading down to vaginal area
- Tightness in neck and lightheaded
- What causes pressure sensation on the chest
- What causes pressure in chest to burp
- Osteophytes anteriorly c5 c6 c7
- Torn acl and pain meds
- Tingling in hands nicotine
- What causes pressure feeling in chest
- Protandim with antibiotics