What causes pressure sensation on the chest?
User rating for this question
Hello! I noticed for the last week or so that every time I lay down to go to sleep, I have a pressure sensation on my chest that goes across my ribs from one side to the other. Right now, I am sitting at my desk and I have the same sensation. I don't suffer from high blood pressure. My blood pressue is 120/60.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: can be musculoskeletal or acidity Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pressure sensation on the chest can be musculoskeletal or acidity related issue. As you feel that the sensation varies with posture, it is likely to be gastric pain or musculoskeletal. Does slight pressure over chest increase the sensation? (??tender), if yes, it is muscular or rib pain. you need mild pain drugs. If there is no such tenderness, it is likely to be gastritis related pain due to increased acidity, you may need some antacids like omeprazole. Hope I am clear. All the best.
People also viewed
- What may cause sensation in chest
- Osteomyelitis dettol
- Can breast cancer sting
- What causes bouts of chest pressure
- What causes pressure sensation on the chest
- What causes pressure in chest to burp
- Will spondylolysis get me discharged
- Mucosal carcinoma of breast
- Fractured thumb distal
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Gharelu nuskhe breast care
- Breast lump feels like a cartilage
- Breast cyst canker sores
- What causes pressure feeling in chest
- Displaced tibia fracture