What causes pressure in head?

When hurricane XXXXXXX came to the East Coast, I had such pressure atop my head. To the point of an uncomfortable ache. Can't remember, if I took an asiprin or not. After the storm passed, the head pressure discomfort when away. I don't have a headache, just this dull pressure discomfort. When the weather pressure becomes a bit nutty, I notice, I can be a bit uncomfortable on the top of my head. I had a stroke 3 yrs ago, wondered if this could be a part of the brain healing from the stroke. My doctor says from my xrays, shows no brain abnormalities or aneurysm(spelling). I notice today, I have some discomfort in my sinus area. Just curious about this! My stroke has left me w/ no deficeits. But I know, I had the stroke. I have no other discomfort, and I do not have this discomfort all the time, nor everytime the weather is bad. Seems only if the air pressure is changing.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that what symptoms you are telling can not lead to a diagnosis but still we can discuss the possibilties . Since your CT scans are normal no major pathology is there . One possibilty is that of tension headaches in which patient experiences a band like discomfort around the head . Other is some times when frontal sinusitis is there frontal heaviness and discomfort can arise . It can be chronic also . Xray PNS will be required to rule out this . Other thing I will advise you to get your ears checked , sometimes such feeling can occur when inner ear functioining is not proper . The symptom that you are telling is inabilty to maintain air pressrre changes points towards inner ear .Stroke is very unlikely in this presentation . Take care. Dr. Shruti