What causes pressure behind the eyes and temples?

I am having pressure behind my right eye and in both temples. Right eye is inflamed and red. Vision is not impaired. Sinus congestion for 4 days. Terrible headache and cannot concentrate.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Eye infection is the likely cause... Detailed Answer: Hi, Based on your description it looks like right eye conjunctivitis - infection of the outer layer of sclera (white part). Associated sinus congestion and headache are part of the same infection. I would start you with tylenol pain and flu to control pain, redness and sinus congestion. In addition I suggest you to try steam inhalation. Besides the above over the counter measures, I would also prescribe mupirocin eye ointment since the eye is very red and inflammed. Your local doctor will know about this drug. Though it looks severe now, I would not be very worried as long as your vision is clear. Try the tylenol pain and flu and steam inhalation and consider visiting your local doctor for topical eye applicants. Regards