What causes premature graying of hair on beard?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
hi doctor i am 27 years old and today i found 2 hairs turned grey in my beard. i am in a kind of shock. i work in gulf my weight is around 83. height 5'11". but most of food comprises of kfc Mc donalds and other chain restaurants. i am suffering from fatty liver grade 2 as well. I am not married yet and i am feeling very depressed by this. Kindly suggest.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal physiological process... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Finding 2 hairs turned grey in your beard is not to be shocked. There are 2 main possibilities explaining their presence: 1) Genetic factor - you cannot do anything to break the nature's rules. 2) Lack of vitamins, especially of vit.B12 I suggest to run further tests: - thyroid/pituitary function - measure the levels of vitamins of B group and D in the blood If I was your caring doctor would also advise to: - make healthy changes in your diet regimen (more fresh vegetables, and healthy foods rather than KFC or Mc Donalds to provide your body the nutrients it needs for daily activities). At the end, having gray hairs in the beard is not something to be depressed, but, a normal physiological process. You can XXXXXXX the hair or can discuss further with hair stylist for possibilities to hide gray hair. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Bardha